February 20, 2009

Seriously, what's with the shoving and talking?

Last Tuesday night I attended my first gig in Beijing and all I got was bruises. Okay, that statement was a bit dramatic but Yugong Yishan was packed with what seemed like every Scandinavian and English-speaking folk/indie rock fan in town. And with that many fans, there was much shoving and jostling to the bar, bathroom and front of the stage. I've attended shows in a few countries, but the amount of times my toe was stepped on without an "excuse me, coming through" was remarkable. Who knew folk fans here were more aggressive than fans in US, UK and Turkey? And talkative.

If you want a full review of the show, check this out. This does not dissuade me from exploring the live music scene in any way, shape or form though.

No comments:

Post a Comment